I am a commercial real estate appraiser serving Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greenville and the surrounding areas. I am a North Carolina State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser and also hold an MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute. I have degrees in both finance and real estate, along with a master of business administration degree (MBA).
I began my real estate career as an underwriter for a national residential real estate lender. Starting off on the real estate finance side has given me the distinct advantage of being able to understand how particular aspects and risk components of a property may affect my client’s position. During this time, I was also able to gain valuable risk management skills including appraisal review, cash flow analysis and portfolio management.
My first commercial real estate appraisal position was in Florida, at boutique valuation firm called The Sage Group. During my tenure there, I had the opportunity to work with a very wide variety of property types. Most importantly, I was able to gain valuable experience with business valuation and going concern property types. These property types included car washes, gas station, hotels, daycare and assisted living facilities. Learning and understanding the intricacies of business valuation and separating real, personal property and intangible (business value) components has greatly benefited me throughout my appraisal career.
I am currently a Director with BBG in Raleigh, North Carolina. I specialize in investment and income producing commercial real estate such as shopping centers, retail buildings, office buildings, and industrial facilities. My service area is Raleigh and the surrounding regions Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Holly Springs, Rocky Mount and Greenville.
Appraisal Clients Served
Over the years, I have performed appraisal assignments for many types of clients including:
- Conventional Commercial Mortgage Lenders
- Life Insurance Companies
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Lenders and CDCs
- CMBS Special Servicers
- Conduit Lenders
- Local Municipalities and Government Entities
- Private Investment Firms
- Individual Property Owners
Real Estate Appraisal Continuing Education
Although I have extensive real estate valuation experience, I am always looking to improve my understanding through advanced continuing education. The following is a sample of the real estate and appraisal courses I have completed.
Formal Real Estate Education
- Real Estate Principles
- Legal Environment of Real Estate
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Market Analysis
- Real Estate Feasibility
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Valuation
- Real Estate Investment
- Topics in Real Estate Finance
Appraisal Institute Education and Courses
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (2014)
- Analyzing Distressed Real Estate
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- General Demonstration Report Writing
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Advanced Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- Advanced Concepts and Case Studies
- Business Practices and Ethics
- Appraisal of Local Retail Properties
- Office Building Valuation, a Contemporary Perspective
Contact me for additional information on commercial real estate appraisal and valuation services.